If you want your website or blog to feature on top of every important engine search, then it is vital that you learn various Search Engine Optimization [SEO] tricks that can ensure that your Website beats the hundreds of thousands of other websites to the post. Here are some valuable tips on learning how to SEO.
– The first and foremost tip is to understand the manner in which search engines work. They do not understand graphics, but instead depend on matching the words in the search criteria with the keywords that might be present in your website.
Therefore, you should make it a point to include as many keywords and key phrases as you can into your website. Imagine the different key phrases that your viewers might type into the search boxes and try to incorporate them into your site. Even if you have included photos in your site, make it a point to attach text tags to those photos so that the search engines can understand them.
– Your key phrases should also be mentioned in the URL and other related file names since search engines look in them. The title tag, which is on the top of your html document, should contain the relevant key phrases as should your meta description tags. Your description tags will not be seen in your website but will be featured in text form when search engine display their results. Thus, it is important to include phrases that entice the readers towards your website in your description tags. Although it is important to remember not to just dump the same keywords and phrases in your URL, title and description tags and your file names since most search engines will interpret that as spamming and just reject your site. Instead, try to incorporate various related words that are similar to your keywords.
– It would also be a good idea to check your standing after conducting some dummy searches through various search engines. This will give you a chance to fine-tune your keywords and key phrases. During this search, also try to find out the standing of your competitors and try to analyze the reason for their success in case they are placed above you. You should also ensure that your site’s internal links are cross-linked perfectly since search engines will find it easy to latch on to the right page. Another important tip is to continually add fresh content to your website since this will please both search engines and even your visitors. The chances of your website getting bookmarked will also increase if you keep on providing fresh information.
– Patience is the key since once you have made the necessary changes to your website, it will still take some time for search engines to recognize that fact and push you up the search ladder.
– Make sure that your body copy is curtailed to around 300 words and that your keywords and key phrases are injected at regular intervals instead of just bunching them at the top or bottom.
If you keep these tips in mind and wait patiently after making all the necessary changes to your website, you should be pleasantly surprised to watch the search engines lock on to your site during any related search. Try out various new methods to ensure that your site remains on top since your competitors too will be doing their best to jump over you.